Friday, June 20, 2008

Summer Camp Blues



My son, Carl Brown's grandson, will be attending 2 summer camps this year. Nowadays one has to almost take out a loan in order to afford summer camp. When did this become so expensive? I remember attending camp as a kid and of course never thought once about the expense.


He will be attending a Christian camp for one week June 22-28. I will be in New York on business for a few days then I will be back home with dear husband alone before he returns. He comes back home on the 28th then leaves again on the 29th for another great Christian camp from June 29-July 5th. ( Mar Lu Ridge)

Our son doesn't go many places without us so it will be really odd having a quiet house. What will we do? What will I do with all this free time? I am not yet sure, but I am certain my husband and I will have some fun while he is away. I recall the last time our child went away I cried like a baby on the drive home. I feel comfortable with the camps and the staff so I am not worried at all. We will just miss him.



What are your kids doing for the summer?

No comments: