Monday, July 7, 2008

YOGA



Today I am going to sign up for Beginner Yoga I classes in my local area. The classes last for 4 weeks at $10.00 each!! What a great deal.

My husband informally practices yoga but says he's merely "stretching". I know the Upward Facing Dog when I see it and he's definitely practicing Yoga. What is it about Yoga that he doesn't want to admit I have no clue.

Is Yoga not looked at as macho enough? He seems to feel that practicing Yoga would be a detriment to his Christian faith. I totally disagree and I know that Christians can practice Yoga without adapting the spiritual aspects of it. I believe while practicing Yoga this could be perfect quiet time to tune out the world and tune into God. What a wonderful opportunity for spiritual advancement.

I see this as a way for me to grow in my spiritual life and also to become healthier.

Don't tell my husband but, I am looking forward to being able to bend myself into a pretzel at the end of this series!! LOL

No comments: